Response time of HDB's general enquiry...you will be surprised!

There is this additional pipe in the toilet which no one had a clue what it was for.  Can we get rid of it?



Who else better to ask than HDB?  I couldn't find a contact point for renovation questions so I tried the general email contact: hdb@mailbox.hdb.gov.sg.

I don't think I have had much good experience with emailing to general enquiry of any organisation to talk about.  In this case, I too, have forgotten about it as soon as I sent it.

The email was sent on a Friday night at almost 10pm.  The following Tuesday morning, I got a call at 9am from Don, a representative from HDB saying he would be in my unit at 11am to have a look.

Don was there at 11am.  After surveying, he said it is part of sewage pipe system from older design.  Only a some units in certain floors have it and I was one of the lucky ones.  And no, it cannot be dismantled.

One working day, one officer on site, question answered, doubt cleared.  I am left with the astonishment of the speed of turnaround time.  HDB's 'general' enquiry email not only works but it is also quite extraordinary!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooker Hood -- What is the right height?

My HDB 4 Room, 4A Floor Plan