Fujioh Hob and Hood

We visited Hoe Kee a few weeks back on a weekday afternoon.  There were not many people and also not many sales persons around.  When we venture into the hood and hob section, we were greeted by an old man.  Despite his age, he is one the most enthusiastic sales people we have met.  After knowing that we cook frequently, he immediately ushered us to the Fujioh section.  For the next half and hour, he presented the data, demoed the suction power of the hood and patiently answered all our concerns.  We were sold!



Then while conducting more research into it,  I read on a blog that mentioned a problem with the hood -- it protruded more than the others and the blogger's husband knocked into it on several occasions.  The man is around the same height as I, 1.75m, so it set off an alarm in my head.  I became conscious of how high should we set the hood.

When we saw the Tecno hood, I thought that was it!  The perfect solution:  it sloped higher in the front and thus provide the necessary clearance.  Furthermore, it was beautiful and quiet.

What we wanted to accomplish on this return trip was to make sure of things before we place our order with Tecno.

During this visit, Uncle Johnny (the old man mentioned above) had to leave early, leaving us plenty of time to explore on our own.  I double, triple checked the height of the hood installed in the showroom, compared it with other hoods around it and came to a conclusion -- it really didn't matter that much.  Later that night, I had a chance to visit my brother-in-law's apartment.  The hood in his kitchen, similar in design and width, was installed at a height of only 1.5m as measure from the floor!  It reaches just to my chin and yet I didn't find it much of an issue reaching and looking into the pots and pans.  With that worry out of the way, the Fujioh hood is back into consideration.

So, no hurry to decide for now.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooker Hood -- What is the right height?

My HDB 4 Room, 4A Floor Plan

Response time of HDB's general enquiry...you will be surprised!